Baby is driving you nuts with incessant crying
Never shake a baby.
Contrary to popular idiotic belief, babies do not cry to make you mad. They do it only for the following reasons:
Hunger (Feed them)
- Tired (Put them to bed)
- Dirty Diaper (Change them)
- Pain, such as teeting, ear infection, etc. (Help them! Call the doctor)
- Needs comforting from its care-giver (Comfort them)
- Other physical irritation, such as Nuk under the back, wrinkled sheet, they’re too cold, they’re too warm, missing comfort item (Fix it)
- Fighting with your significant other (Stop it and remember who comes first; hint: it ain’t you or your spouse)
- Thinks care-giver will not fulfill their responsibilities (Comfort them) .
- Care-giver is yelling at them (Who’s the adult here, anyway? Buck up and remain calm.)